No announcement yet.

Support for GoPro raw images (.GPR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Support for GoPro raw images (.GPR)

Right now IrfanView detects GPR files as TIF and tries to rename them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	OOEjFAe.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	85323

But they are actually raw files. Are there any plans for adding support for this file type?

What happens if you manually change the extension to *.RAW?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I get this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	U5Einre.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	83475

Comment

A quick search with Ecosia tells me that GPR RAW files are not supported by most convertors.

What you must do is download the free DNG convertor from Adobe then I expect IrfanView can open those DNG files.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have obtained two samples from raw.pixls.us, hero5 and hero8. None of my Windows image viewers can display the photos. Unlike many other raw photo formats, gpr does not contain an embedded jpeg preview image, so a program has to be able to render the actual raw image to display anything.

RawTherapee and LightZone (both using dcraw) do not support the format, but darktable does. The darktable's lens correction module, based on Lensfun, does recognise the hero5, but not hero8. (Latest development versions of these fine open source raw photo editors have been used.)

ExifTool can read and write metadata to the files and Adobe's converter can handle them.
          IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
          X