Windows 10, multi-monitor, IrfanView does not resize properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10, multi-monitor, IrfanView does not resize properly

I tried searching the support posts but didn't find anything that appears to describe my problem.

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise, 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    IrfanView v 4.54 - 64 bit
    Lenovo P51 (3840x2160 resolution) - Windows 10 "scale and layout" 200%
    Lenovo ThinkVision (1920x1200 resolution) - Windows 10 "scale and layout" 100%

The IrfanView window opens normally on the laptop display.

If I drag the window from the laptop display to the external monitor, it appears the IrfanView window doubles in size. If I drag it back from the external monitor back to the laptop monitor, the size goes back to the original size.

To help visualize this: On the laptop display, Irfanview takes up 1/3 of the height of the display. If I drag it to the external monitor, Irfanview now takes up 2/3 of the height of the display. When I drag it back to the laptop display, it goes back to 1/3 of the height of the display.

Other applications like Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Office, Cygwin, VIM, etc, all resize properly when dragging from the internal laptop display to the external monitor and back to the internal laptop display. When these applications are on the laptop display, they can take 1/3 of the display. When I drag it to the external monitor, they continue to take 1/3 of the display (it's resizing properly).

Am I missing a setting that would help fix this issue or is this the nature of IrfanView (an enhancement needs to occur to fix this)?

I believe that this post has the solution that you seek.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I believe that this post has the solution that you seek.
      I'm using the 64-bit version (the linked thread is about the 32-bit version).

I don't have a setting which matches what was posted in the other thread.

This is my Properties -> Compatibility screen (IrfanView_PropertiesCompatibility.gif)

From there, I click the "Change high DPI settings" (other options don't seem to apply to my issue) (IrfanView_PropertiesHighDPISettings.gif)

The only option which seems applicable is at the very bottom. There are only three choices: (IrfanView_PropertiesHighDPIScalingOverride.gif)

So if I check the "Override high CPI scaling behavor, the drop down becomes active and gives me three choices:

Apllication
      System
      System (enhanced)

Application - this does not change the behavior (it takes up 2x the screen space on the external monitor when it is 1x space on the laptop display)

System - this displays the same size on both laptop screen and external monitor. But it's 2x too big (if you screen capture something, it is showing 100% scale but is double the size of what is captured). This is also wrong. Ironically, it displays the screen capture correctly on the external monitor - but is double the size on the laptop.

System (enhanced) - same as problem as System.

Any other suggestions as to what else I may try?

I don't have this scaling issue with any other app (Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Office, Cygwin, etc). They all auto-scale when I drag their windows between the laptop display and the external display.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X