After update from windows 7 to windows 10, can no longer play webm video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After update from windows 7 to windows 10, can no longer play webm video

I've used irfanview for years and I've never had a problem until recently. I used Windows 7 until recently where I was forced to "upgrade" to windows 10, and its causing some probelms for me.

Basically, anytime I try to play webm files (well any video really), they only show as a black screen and plays the audio. I've uninstalled irfranview and reinstalled it with all plugins. I've reinstalled Klite Codec Pack. I've updated my Nvidia graphics drivers. I've played with and tweaked my settings in every possible manner that I can find suggested for similar issues. Nothing fixes it.

The only thing that changes it to slightly working is when changing the video settings to using an external player. That does play the video in another window, however it does not auto-play (requires clicking of the play button) and does not show up slideshow mode (which is what I am tryign to get it to work on).

So if anyone could please help me that would be so appreciated. I'd like to get things back to working order.

Yes, video formats do not play well with IrfanView. I can play them in the external player, but there is no sound. No doubt you can get it to work with all the right plugin-ins, but why bother?

The whole point of WebM is to play it in browsers.

Open them in Vivaldi and play them in a Picture-in-Picture video window too if you wish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Playing WebM Video.png
Views:	1
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	83485
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

IrfanView was developed to view images, not videos. There are only basic functions and options. Hoewever, with the right codecs installed, you can view .WEBM with IrfanViews video player.
      Try it with https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multim...n7codecs.shtml or K-Lite Codec Pack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WEBM video with Irfanview.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	83486
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Yes, video formats do not play well with IrfanView. I can play them in the external player, but there is no sound. No doubt you can get it to work with all the right plugin-ins, but why bother?

The whole point of WebM is to play it in browsers.

Open them in Vivaldi and play them in a Picture-in-Picture video window too if you wish.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5911[/ATTACH]
        Hi there, thank you for taking the time to respond. So I definitely know this is possible, because I've had it work for me before this OS "upgrade." So I need help getting it back to working order.

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
        IrfanView was developed to view images, not videos. There are only basic functions and options. Hoewever, with the right codecs installed, you can view .WEBM with IrfanViews video player.
        Try it with https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multim...n7codecs.shtml or K-Lite Codec Pack.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5912[/ATTACH]
        Hi there, thanks for responding. So like I said in my original post, I do have K-Lite Codec pack installed. But it still plays just the audio and doesn't show the video. So I'd like to figure out why that isn't working when it used to before this OS change.

Comment

My installation works with LAV splitter and decoders.
          Run through your codec pack settings. Look out for "matroska", "webm", "VP8", "VP9".
          Try to play video and check traybar icons for splitter and decoders - may be they show some error message.
          IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Working...
          X