Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of the prefix 'irfanview' before image file types like jpg, png etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get rid of the prefix 'irfanview' before image file types like jpg, png etc?

After installing Irfanview, when I save an image file online now it always prefixes it with 'irfanview'. So 'irfanview jpg', 'irfanview png' etc. I don't think it makes a difference to the filetype and I can still open with Microsoft Picture Editor but it's so annoying and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to resolve this? TIA

Not sure if this works online too, but have you tried the "batch conversion/rename" feature? That usually does the trick for me.

Comment

First of all, if you want such kind of help, you always should inform about your operating system, what and how you installed, what steps do you do when you end up in that error. What ist the exact error message?

Now to your case: I assume you use Windows ..., installed IrfanView, do not use a portable version and when you want to save a picture with the means of your browser, you see as the file type in the saving dialogue "IrfanView PNG file (*.png)". If that is so, it just shows that the PNG file type is connected to IrfanView in your Windows. That's all. The file extension of your saved file will still be nothing else than .PNG.
      You may change that back to another application instead of Irfan View via selecting another installed graphics programme in "standard programmes". Search for it. Or you open IrfanView, hit "P", select Extensions and uncheck what you do not want to be connected to IrfanView.

P.

Comment

Working...
      X