How can i combine two functions into one, like macros or actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i combine two functions into one, like macros or actions

I'm cropping around 500 document images. the images are not scanned correctly and has black borders around.

What i'm doing is i select the area want to crop and press ctrl-y to crop it then press ctrl-s to save. So what i want is to create a custom hotkey (lets say w) which will do both of this process for me at the same time. I think it will boost my productivity.

Instead of Ctrl+Y (Crop), use Ctrl+Shift+B (Save selection as)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Than it will open a dialog box for save as. In my method it just overwrites the original file. And I'm enabled some options in settings.

Comment

If your scans are properly aligned (vertical & horzontal) and the borders aren't too spotty, you could try auto crop in batch processing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_autocrop1.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	83512 Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_autocrop2.png
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	83513

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I am currently running 4.56 / 64 bit
          Like the OP I have some 500 scans that need resizing. I am currently using Shift+V (-98px top and +6px alternatively left and right) Enter followed by Control+S, Enter and then the next file arrow but it is so SLOOOOOWWWW.
          I see that one can use scripts but at 77 I am too old to learn how to write one.
          I tried using the thumbnails bulk resize but there is no option to add/remove a specific number of pixels on a specific margin that I can see.
          Has anybody got any hints to speed this?
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X