file icon in File Explorer not updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file icon in File Explorer not updated

I use often the Insert Text function to add annotation to pictures. After saving the file, the icon in Windows' File Explorer is not updated. It's still the old one. I cannot tell from the icon whether the file is updated.

The old IrfanView did update the file icon. I'm using 32 bit 4.54. It doesn't do it anymore. Now, after adding annotation, I have to open the file in PhotoShop and do nothing but save as to replace the existing file. Then, the icon is updated.

Is there a setting I can change to make IrfanView update the file icon?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.09.2020, 11:54 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

The oldest version I have installed is IrfanView 4.44, and that does not update the thumbnail either.

Perhaps it is a change in Windows 10? I do not see any setting in IrfanView Settings, File-handling, or elsewhere that would make any difference.

If you make a lot of text annotations to images, I recommend FastStone Capture. The free version 5.3 will do what you want, and that does update the Windows thumbnail on saving. Probably much faster than launching PhotoShop.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.09.2020, 12:00 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X