Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show in google maps button (or show in open street maps button)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Show in google maps button (or show in open street maps button)

A humble request:

A button, icon or display of some kind that shows if the loaded jpg has geotag or not, preferably with coordinates. Clicking on the coordinate display or button would bring up web page of google maps or open street maps of with location marked on map.

Examples of how this is implemented in other image viewers:

Honeyview (button and keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-G)

nomacs (button and configurable keyboard shortcut)

JPEGView (F2 for picture info panel and then click on coordinates shown)

Thanks for reading this.

The keyboard shortcut E is the quickest way to see, whether an image has geolocation data embedded, as far as I know. Metadata-related improvements in IrfanView would be welcome, but I can't see any activity in that field for now.
    IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Some tips I have for making Irfanview friendlier to use for viewing geotagged locations:

Options > Properties/Settings > Viewing > Statusbar text (bottom of window)
      add this to end of string:
      $E499

This will show latitude and longitude in the status bar for all photos that have geotag info.
      (and for images that don't have geotag info it shows nothing or zeros which is helpful too since you know that there's no geotag data).

Install Quick Photo GPS Extract first via http://pge.bvsoft.be/quickPGE.php

Then:
      Options > Properties/Settings > Miscellaneous > Set external editors (at bottom)
      Choose spot 1, 2, or 3 and put the path for Quick Photo GPS Extract in, for me it's
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Quick Photo GPS Extract\QuickPhotoGpsExtract.exe

Use shortcut key in Irfanview SHIFT-1 (or 2 or 3) and the geotag location opens up in google maps.

Now this is quicker than the Irfanview standard method pressing "E" key, then Alt-M and then having to close the dialog box afterwards.

Comment

Version 4.62 New hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + G: Start Google Maps with GPS of the loaded file, works great.

Comment

Working...
        X