How to resize to MB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to resize to MB?

The Resize/Resample feature allows me to select the new size in pixels, cm, or inches, but I don't see a way to select a file size in MB. If I were to save it, I am given the option to specify the maximum file size. Is something like that available under Resize/Resample?

Thanks
    Running IV 64 4.52 on Windows 10 with Office 365

This is a democracy (USA) so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I do not think it is feasible. The file size in Mbytes is only known after compressing the image.

The Save for Web RIOT Plugin can be set to warn you to resize images above chosen dimensions in Megapixels (the default is 2 Megapixels), but you still have to choose the percentage to resize it by. The Resize/Resample dialog offers a number of preset dimensions. Choose the dimensions that your need depending on the width of your web page, then resize to that, and compress to the desired filesize in Mbytes.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You can specify the file size in the options dialog when you save a .JPG file.
      This must be done for each file individually - there is no batch process for this.
      See attached screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	IView - SetFileSize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	83528
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
      X