Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved WEBP cause error message

Win10 64 bit.

I installed MRsid. Installation appears as MrSID.dll in plugins folder, MrSID folder inside plugins folder, 2 files in this folder - lti_dsdk_cdll_9.0.dll and tb.dll

Error message cannot find webp.dll.

Found an ancient version of webp.dll, put it in plugins folder - still same error.

Tried various webp images, including one from Google’s own site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	irfanview_webp_err.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	85351

Please help, please stay safe and stay healthy.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.10.2020, 06:06 AM.

Have you installed the 64bit All Plugins package?
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Found ugly but working solution

Found ugly but working solution
      It turns out that the 64-bit version of the plugins doesn't work with webp - at least for me.

Installed irfanview32+plugins and it's working.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.10.2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

WebP images open fine for me in the 64-bit version. The webp.dll for the 64-bit version seems to be working just fine. I also have the 32-bit version installed in the 32-bit plugins folder.

The problem seems to be have been caused by installing an out of date version.

Always install the latest versions of the plugins for the latest version of the program.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.10.2020, 06:07 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X