Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these Plugins (icons.dll & ImXCF.dll) deprecated / redunant / not needed anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Are these Plugins (icons.dll & ImXCF.dll) deprecated / redunant / not needed anymore?

Hi, I updated to Irfanview the other day to v4.56 (x64) along with the newest plugin pack that's available, and as I was transferring over the Plugins I wanted, I noticed that Icons.dll is not included in the newest pack, and neither is ImXCF.dll which I had sitting in my Plugin32 folder, but a new Xcf.dll is there instead.

So as the title says, are these two Plugins no longer needed/deprecated, and should I keep these old ones around still if that is the case? (Does having ImXCF.dll and Xcf.dll in the same folder hurt/cause issues, for example)

And thanks in advance for any and all answers you can provide!

Icons.dll is included in iview456_x64_setup.exe.

I do not see ImXCF.dll in my installation folders. I guess it has been superseded by XCF.dll so you can safely delete that.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Weird, I did a clean install to a different location and indeed, Icons.dll is included... So let's never mind that part.

Thanks for the confirmation about ImXCF.dll as well, I'll remove it, but save it, and use the new XCF.dll for now too see how it goes. You never know.

Comment

Working...
      X