Not possible to change to another image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not possible to change to another image

With IrfanView 4.56/64 it is not possible to change to the next or previous image. Nothing works, I tried Space Bar, Backspace, mouse wheel,
    mouse buttons. The previous/next buttons in the icon bar are greyed out. It doesn't matter if I start IrfanView with or without admin rights.
    Has anyone else this problem too?
    BTW: the 32bit version is not affected.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Did you perchance uncheck the browsing option?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	browse.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	83531

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I have the exact same issue.
      Recently updated to 4.56 32-bit (from 4.54) and cannot move to next picture (arrows on toolbar greyed out and wheel not working either).

Windows 10 2004 64-bit
      IrfanView 4.56 32-bit on Windows 10 2004 64-bit

Comment

OK, reinstalled version 4.54 including plugins, still not working.
        Changed option from "Load only associated file types while moving through folder" to "Load custom file types" and behaviour is back to normal using 4.56.
        The thing is, I did not change this option recently...

Comment

I have a problem with a folder of SVG images that will not advance to the next image.

I changed Windows default apps by file extension to use IrfanView for SVG, so double-click now works to open them, but browsing fails.

The SVG plug-in is new in 4.56.
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 24.10.2020, 08:07 PM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just tested on a folder with svg files in it and it works if you set the option "Load custom file types" (and it includes svg) as described above.
            Last edited by Stéphane; 24.10.2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Irfan wrote, that it is necessary to start IV with admin rights (set in properties for i_view*.exe, compatibility). Also, in IV, you need to activate
              Write to registry in Properties/extensions. This solved my problems.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Extensios setting.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	83530
              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Stéphane View Post
                Just tested on a folder with svg files in it and it works if you set the option "Load custom file types" (and it includes svg) as described above.
                Thanks. I had deleted SVG as it is a vector type best opened in other apps, but with the new plugin it is handy to be able to view them with IrfanView.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I got the same thing, it's clearly a bug. There was no need to go into admin mode to have basic PgDn/PgUp through associated file types before. Using "Custom file types" is not necessarily a good workaround either, as it might not contain all types, and also includes video files that I do *not* want opened in Irfanview.

For now I've reluctantly rolled back to the previous version, hopefully this can be fixed in a future update.

To be clear, this is the 32-bit version running on x64 Win10.

Comment

The admin rights are needed only once to save the settings. I was also missing the SVG extension, but I didn't like the "load custom file types" list. In the settings, under the check list of file types, there's an "other" field, where some custom file extensions can be added, so I've added SVG there.
                    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
                    X