No announcement yet.

IrfanView Thumbnails - Shift+Home / Shift+End have no effect anymore in 4.56

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending IrfanView Thumbnails - Shift+Home / Shift+End have no effect anymore in 4.56

In IrfanView Thumbnails up to 4.54, keyboard shortcuts Shift+Home / Shift+End allowed for the group selection of items from currently selected image to the first one in the list, respectively the last one in the list.

Starting with IrfanView 4.56, keyboard shortcuts Shift+Home / Shift+End have no effect anymore in IrfanView Thumbnails.

The following shortcuts are unaffected and still work as they did in releases prior to 4.56: Shift+PageUp / Shift+PageDown / Shift+Arrows.

I installed IrfanView 4.56 in a pristine VM to rule out a configuration error.

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote the following about bugs reporting:
    "A bug is something that happens that was not intended by the programmer. [...]
    If the program now behaves differently than it used to, that is not usually a bug."

I truly think the behavior I'm seeing is a regression and was not intended by the programmer, even though it concerns a change in program behavior.
    Apologies if this message should have been posted in another category. Please let me know what to do in such a case.

Confirmed here. Shift+Home/End work as expected in 4.44, not in 4.56.

Please send a report to Irfan Skiljan and let us know what he says.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Good news, this bug has been fixed.

Irfan made a test build of the 64-bit .exe based on current version 4.56.
      You can get it here: http://www.irfanview.info/test/iview64_test.zip

Since the bug has been fixed in the code base, it should be working out of the box again starting with the next official release.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I have added a download for the bug fix release to my IrfanView Review/Help page.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X