SHIFT + drag, not working under certain circumstances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported SHIFT + drag, not working under certain circumstances

I love SHIFT+drag function (copy selected image to wherever I want by draging).
    But, there is a situation:
    1) I use Print Screen key to make screenshot.
    2) In irfanView I press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot in IrfanView window.
    3) Then I press "S" to save file.
    4) I press F5 and SHIFT+R to refresh.
    5) I press SHIFT+drag and... it's not working :/ Nothing happens. Cursor is an arrow. Normally when cursor is an arrow it creates selection but with SHIFT pressed it does nothing.
    So there is no dragging and no selection.

Also when I press space or backspace there's no change to another image in directory.

So I guess, after saving image irfanView doesn't know in what directory it is. That's why SHIFT+drag not working?

But F8 (copy file) works :|

Do you still use version 4.51? The latest version is 4.56.
    Your pos. 5) To create a selection, you only need to drag the mouse with the left button pressed. If you want to resize the selection,
    grab one line with the left mouse button. If additionally CTRL is pressed, you keep the aspect ratio of the selection.

Also when I press space or backspace there's no change to another image in directory.
    see https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=12682
    Last edited by Kuki Dent; 25.10.2020, 05:16 PM.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

The main issue is failure of SHIFT+drag to copy files. This is the main subject.

Comment

It's probably a bug.

I tried to follow the steps. The Shift+drag ended up dragging a file
        C:/WINDOWS/system32/@AdvancedKeySettingsNotification.png

Additionally, after the steps 1-4, I tried to PgDn to next file and IrfanView was browsing the folder
        C:/WINDOWS/system32/
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
        X