No announcement yet.

Unable to install IrfanView on clean new Windows 10 - recognized as threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Unable to install IrfanView on clean new Windows 10 - recognized as threat

Hi,

I freshly reinstalled my Windows and wanted to install IrfanView.exe and it always gets blocked by I don't know what, maybe Windows Defender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6326.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	85357

Translation> User accounts management

This application has been blocked for your safety.

Administrator prevented you from running this application. Contact the administrator.

publisher> Unknown
    File origin: Hard drive on this computer
    File location>

It does the same with plugins

I am administrator on my computer. I even tried running the exe file as administrator and adding an exception to Windows Firewall...

then I installed Irfanview using Windows store that works...Problem is that I am not able to install plugins (it does the same as when installing the app)

So I downloaded plugins for 64bit as zip and unzipped it into the folder (actually, it did not want to allow it to the folder where it is installed from Windows Store> C:\Program Filess\WindowsApps\some insane folder name
    so I copied it to Program Files to folder IrfanView and unzipped the plugins zip to C:\Program Files\IrfanView\Plugins

but still when I open the app using the shortcut to this new location, the plugins do not work (I need batch conversions and save for web functions because I think that your program is the best for this and I even recommend it to all my friends and customers for batch image resize...

Please help, I am already clueless how to install it to make it work

Thank you!

Petra

The latest version of IrfanView 4.56 is digitally signed by the developer and it's not blocked anymore.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Hi, I solved it by unzipping zip files to other than system disc drive, then it works, so I use it as portable.

Comment

Working...
      X