Provide option to transform/change coordinate system origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Provide option to transform/change coordinate system origin

Currently the mouse coordinates can be displayed via a checkbox in the viewing submenu. The default and apparently only position for the coordinate system origin is the top left corner of the image. For a lot of work that I do, I need the coordinate system origin to be at the bottom left corner instead. Currently, I need to subtract the mouse "y" coordinate from the coordinate of the bottom edge of the image to get this value. If a "top left/top right/bottom left/bottom right" dropdown option could be provided for the coordinate system origin, this would be helpful. Alternatively, the ability to select ANY point on the image as an origin would be fine, but ostensibly more difficult to implement.

Flipping the image vertically, which is an already existing functionality, provides the correct coordinates, but makes it more difficult to view the image for the purposes of my work (recreating digital image as physical art media), so it is a workaround with a similar level of practicality as subtracting Y values.
    Last edited by 924Carrera; 27.10.2020, 12:46 AM.
Working...
X