Plugin support for KDC (Kodak Camera)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adayton View Post
    Hi, will attempt to email my request to dev. This Kodak cameras with the FPX file format were very popular back then so there are likely hundreds of thousands of pics that us oldies would like to view/restore/convert with the good graces of Irfanview. Thanks for your feedback.
    I guess I am an oldie too and have the same probem. I am using 32 bit version 4.53 and have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed. My installation tells me I have FPX.DLL version 4.48 installed.
    When I try and open an .fpx file the thumbnail flashes up all as hoped but then I get a black screen as described above.
    I cannot be sure but I might have had this working properly in windoze 7 but had to change to 10 when 7 went out of support.
    Forgive me jumping in but I really do need this to work.

Comment

I've tried the FPX file in 32 bit IrfanView in WinXP virtual machine. It displayed all black, so the OS is not a problem. I guess the plugin got broken at some point as an oversight.
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

I can open this image in Paint Shop Pro and IrfanView 4.53, but the resolution is very low in both cases. I doubt this is a complete decode.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have tried with windoze 7 but using the latest download and only get black screen. I can run bulk conversion but still nothing in jpeg. I do get a thumbnail occasionally.
          How can I get developer to help here please?
          Regards,
          Budgie

Comment

You may email the developer, the contact information is in "About" dialog in IrfanView.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
            X