Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Copy the full file name with path to the clipboard

This is more and more intersting.
    Total Commander and Windows Exploren support this using shift-right-click on any file.
    Makes life easier (less file system browsing) and limits the number of copies of a file.
    To be added to IrfanVIew as well as the Thumbnails companion
    In any other application you can then just do:
    File - Open - <Ctrl>-V <Enter>
    or
    Insert - Image file - <Ctrl>-V <Enter>
    Where ever the file is.

Are you aware of Open with External Editor on the File menu?

The requested option is already available in the Thumbnail context menu.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.10.2020, 05:01 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Are you aware of Open with External Editor on the File menu?
      Yes, I know, but it assumes that you have already defined what the "receiving" program/application is named. So, not a solution.

Just to be sure: what do I need to do in order to get this functionality into the next release?
      Last edited by balvie; 29.10.2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        The requested option is already available in the Thumbnail context menu.
        I think either at the office I use an older version not having this context menu choice or, due to screen limitations, it fell off the screen(?). Anyway, now being at home on another computer, I see it! Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

After being notified by Irfan's newsletter today, I downloaded and tested Irfanview version 4.59 (64bit). I was curious whether a desired feature I mentioned last year had been implemented.
          This feature is described above but after that the replies that followed focussed only on the Thumbnail application, leaving the request for it on IrfanView pityfull unattended.
          So again, what do I need to do where to get it in the next version of IrfanView?
          I already made a donation last year ;-)

Comment

The file path can be copied from the Picture Information window. Press letter "I" on the keyboard to open it.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

This feature is already available in the Thumbnails context menu, and in the File Information dialogue.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for your attention. Sorry for not being clear enough.

@Bhikkukhu, I saw your contribution already last year.
                The question is about IrfanView, not the Thumbnails application

@JendaLenda: your solution is a work-around that still needs several actions: I, tab,tab,tab, Ctrl-C, Esc

Eager as I was to overcome this thing, tonight I have created and edited a batch file named clip-par1.bat with content:
                echo off
                echo %1 | clip
                exit

and inserted its file path + file name as "exteral editor 1" in the irfanview config at Set external editors:
                c:\Users\balvie\Documents\clip-par1.bat

Now I can use <shift> <1> to create a copy of the full file name onto the clipboard. Yeah!!

Still, I need to add this to al my computers.

Comment

As has been mentioned in another thread SHIFT+ P does the trick

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Indeed, this is what I was loking for. Thanks for pointing things out.

Comment

Working...
                    X