New errors after installing 4.56. WEBP files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug New errors after installing 4.56. WEBP files

In some older version, when IrfanView meet .webp files, I get info that "the file has incorrect extension, change it to .jpg?" I was happy to answer YES.
    Now, first I get error: InitializeCriticalSectionEx in KERNEL32.dll and then another window
    "Can't load PlugIn: "WEBP.DLL!
    Please install or update PlugIns from IrfanView homepage and/or enable the PlugIn in 'Help->PlugIns' menu.
    (32 bit)."

I've checked help->PlugIns and there is WEBP.DLL but Version: Unknown, Info/Formats: Unknown (maybe 64 bit?)

I've download WEBP plugin from here https://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm and... nothing changed.

The latest plugins were released after 4.56 and are version 4.57. They show up correctly in the Installed Plugins list for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

All of my WebP images open just fine.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      The latest plugins were released after 4.56 and are version 4.57.
      I've checked and I have version 4.57.

So I guess I need to go back to older, working version.

PS
      Oh no! Where to find older versions of plugins?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rhotax; 07.11.2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The 4.56 versions are in the plugin installers.

Attach a WebP file (Zipped) to see if anyone else can reproduce the issue.

Please update your profile signature. Are you still using Win XP Pro SP3? That might be the issue.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The 4.56 versions are in the plugin installers.

Please update your profile signature. Are you still using Win XP Pro SP3? That might be the issue.
          I need last properly working version - 4.51.

If everything worked fine, and I didn't change anything (like Win XP..) then the NEW occuring issue is not on my side.

If in the "history of changes" there will be something like: "No longer support for windows XP" then...I will understand and I stay with last working version. And I will never say something bad about new versions

PS
          haha I can upload the .webp file.
          It says "Upload errors [name of file] - Invalid file"

Comment

The forum does not support WebP. That is why I said:

Comment

I can confirm that webp does not work in IV 4.56 in Windows XP. Tested in the Virtual machine.

Anyway, this is not a bug IMO. The core program is compatible with WinXP, but the plugins may not be compatible.
              Last edited by JendaLinda; 07.11.2020, 06:53 PM.
              My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Ok, so just for the record...the .zip file of some my .webp
                Attached Files

Comment

For the record, the image opens fine in IrfanView 4.56 32-bit and 64-bit with the 4.57 WebP plugin.

Comment

For the record, the image opens fine in IrfanView 4.56 32-bit and 64-bit with the 4.57 WebP plugin.
                    In what windows (for the record)?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhotax View Post
                      In what windows (for the record)?
                      The version shown under my Avatar: Windows 10. To be more specific:

Win 10 64-bit 2004 build 19041.572

Comment

W7x64, IV 4.56 x32, webp 4.57 - show that image
                        IV 4.56 32-bit

Comment

Working...
                        X