One click to open image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved One click to open image

In Windows 10 folder options I have it set so that one click opens an item. However, when I want to open an image inside Irfanview it always requires two clicks. Is there anything I can do to resolve this as it is a bit irritating.

Just to explain, if I am looking at a list of images in file explorer and I click an image (i.e. once) it opens Irfanview (my default viewer) without problem. However, if I open Irfanview and then bring up a list of thumbnails and click on one it actually requires me to click twice. It is this latter aspect I would like to change.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Uplander; 11.11.2020, 12:31 PM.

It works fine here (I never knew about that possibility before).

Probably your file associations are not correctly set for IrfanView.

As it says in Settings, Extensions, you must use Windows settings, Apps, Default apps in Windows 10.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for responding.

I think that if the file associations were wrong it simply wouldn't open into Irfanview (which it does).

As mentioned, it is when I list thumbnails within Irfanview and click on one that it actually requires me to click twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander View Post
        As mentioned, it is when I list thumbnails within IrfanView and click on one that it actually requires me to click twice.
        What you actually mentioned was Windows 10 Folder Options, not IrfanView thumbnails.

Single-click works fine from Windows Explorer or from the File Open dialog in IrfanView.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

For the sake of good order and from the opening post:

However, if I open Irfanview and then bring up a list of thumbnails and click on one it actually requires me to click twice. It is this latter aspect I would like to change.

Comment

So it is IrfanView Thumbnails program. Windows Explorer settings don't apply here.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

No, absolutely. I simply mentioned this so that some kind person didn't respond and say that you use the file explorer settings! So on my pc, everything I open is done with a single click. However, as per the OP, if I open Irfanview and then bring up a list of thumbnails and click on one it actually requires me to click twice before opening the image. I just wondered whether this was something I could change in Irfanview.

Comment

JFYI: To open a file or program (app) with a single click is originally a LINUX feature. To open a file or program (app) with a double click is Windows standard
                since decades. IrfanView follows the Windows standard.
                This does not contradict the fact that one click works in the File Open the dialogue, because this is a Windows function and window.
                Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
                Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thanks Kuki - I guess the answer is ... I have to live with it! I just was finding it somewhat irritating.

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.”
                  —Maya Angelou

Thanks again for posting.

Comment

Single click opening through Explorer has been part of Windows since Win98, when they integrated "web" look onto the desktop. Unfortunately, I do not know a solution for the problem. But if you were to open a thumbnail entry with single click, you wouldn't be able to make a selection, which is what 1 click does.

Comment

Working...
                    X