Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irfanview version 4.54: where can I find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview version 4.54: where can I find it?

I want to download version 4.54 in English but cannot find it.

On which site can I find it?

Thanks

See the help page in my forum signature.

What problems are you having with the latest version 4.56?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks.

Problems: I upgraded (not uninstalled 4.54 then installed 4.56) 4.54 to 4.56. In Batch Conversion/Rename > Advanced Settings, "Overwrite [was] not possible" warning appeared and the settings I made in Adv Settings were LOST each time I closed and reopened it. Also, font in this 4.56 Adv Settings was more difficult to read.

I reset my laptop to a date prior to update and thus got back 4.54. Everything was then as before, all working "normally". Now, on that laptop, I need to re-install all optional programs (new HD fitted; not yet returned from repair) and so wanted to be able to put on it 4.54.

However, on this other Windows 10 (64-bit) device, I uninstalled old version of IrView and installed 4.56 (32-bit). Now working "as it should" (like 4.54. in other words), though font still seems smaller.

Any comment or advice, please?

*When asked, during installation of 4.56, "Do you want to associte extensions with IrfanView?", I did not associate any. Should I have done? I don't understand this question.

Comment

Latest Windows 10 makes file associations difficult. Do it via Windows Settings rather than within IrfanView settings. Font sizes are also dependent on windows settings, not in IrfanView.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

*When asked, during installation of 4.56, "Do you want to associate extensions with IrfanView?", I did not associate any. Should I have done? I don't understand this question.

Thanks for your reply but I don't know what "associating extensions" means so have no idea as to how to do it in Windows. Is it something I should do? What are the desired results?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by popotla View Post
              *When asked, during installation of 4.56, "Do you want to associate extensions with IrfanView?", I did not associate any. Should I have done? I don't understand this question.

Thanks for your reply but I don't know what "associating extensions" means so have no idea as to how to do it in Windows. Is it something I should do? What are the desired results?
              Extensions means file types that are identified by a dot plus 3 or 4 letters after the file name - like .jpg, .png, etc. In general, associating an extension with a particular program means that that program will open files with that extension when you double-click the icon.
              Irfanview 4.56, Windows 7U x64

Comment

Working...
              X