Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Videos plays upside-down

Greetings.
    Windows 10 and a many-year Irfanview user here. Problem started with my recent update of Irfanview. Problem is when looking through thumbnails in the Window folders, the video thumbnail is normal right-side up as usual. When I click to view, Irfanview inverts it...the video playback is upside-down. When I open the same thumbnail with other programs, the video plays normally. This has been happening about a dozen times tonight with videos I've take and KNOW they are not upside down. For some reason when Irfanview is used to view, it inverts the playback. How can I fix this? Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by RMallon View Post
    Greetings.
    Windows 10 and a many-year Irfanview user here. Problem started with my recent update of Irfanview. Problem is when looking through thumbnails in the Window folders, the video thumbnail is normal right-side up as usual. When I click to view, Irfanview inverts it...the video playback is upside-down. When I open the same thumbnail with other programs, the video plays normally. This has been happening about a dozen times tonight with videos I've take and KNOW they are not upside down. For some reason when Irfanview is used to view, it inverts the playback. How can I fix this? Thanks for any help.
    Ok, I think I solved it by not using "recommended" setting for video playback and checking to use "external player". No more inverted playback.
    BUT....the playback screen...NOW it is not centered. How is that fixed? Thanks.

Comment

The external video playback uses an old plugin. Maybe that is why the Internal playback is recommended ?

- Use DropBox or Filebin.net to post a link to a video that plays upside down.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Some incompatible codecs could flip the image. This used to be a common problem in some video players.

What codecs are you using and what are the other video players?
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
        X