Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need ghostscript for Opening PDF's

Hi,
    I would like to alter a pdf picture someone sent me.

If I right click on the pdf I get a box that allows me to 'open with' and one of the options is Irfanview. When I click on 'open with Irfanview' it says "Can't load ghostscript or ghostscript error" etc and offers me the chance to download ghostscript from sourceforge's web site.
    This I have done.

I then went into Irfanview's pull down tab Options/properties/settings. If I click on the postscript options box at the bottom of the page I get another box that offers me the option of putting the ghostscript location in a box below a radio button that I click on for a custom path. I have added the location of the ghostscript .dll file and saved my change if I come out and go back into the page the option is set as I altered it.
    I have closed down the computer and restarted but still get the box saying "Can't load Ghostscript or Ghostscript error" etc.

If I leave 'Retrieve GS location from system" etc highlighted it still fails in the same way.
    Does anyone know what I am missing?
    thanks,
    Mat.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.12.2020, 06:46 AM.

First, update to the latest version 4.56 and install the plugins for that versions.

I think you should not need the Ghostscript plugins if this option is selected:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PDF Plugin Options.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	83543
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X