Command line print to shared printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Command line print to shared printers

Currently have a successful photo select and print app that uses IrfanView command lines to format an image and send to a selected printer.
    (eg. /print=Photo1 or /print=Photo2)
    This has worked well for several years.

I needed to expand the operation and add a 2nd photo select station whilst keeping the same printers. The solution was to move the printers to a 3rd computer (named as "Printers" and share them across the network for the other two computers to print to. In windows 10 this works OK, the printers being named thus "Photo1 on Printers".

Unfortunately when I try to configure the IrfanView command line to route to a shared printer thus "/print=Photo1 on Printers" it has no effect. I have tried all sorts of combinations of quotes and double-quotes without success. The only constant being that output is directed to the Windows default printer. The default printer can be set to one of the shared printers but that only solves half of my problem.

So, my feature request is that the /print command line option can take arguments that support shared printers as per the way Windows names them.

My assumption is that IrfanView only supports printers that conforms to DOS printer naming conventions.

PS. I have also tried to find a way to give remote printers DOS style names in Windows but have failed.
Working...
X