PDF Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved PDF Resolution

I've been using the PDF plugin since it was made available to open PDF files and export/save pages as images, but, I am currently working on a project that references a single page PDF of a high resolution drawing.

When I open that file with IrfanView, the resolution is not sufficient to read details on the drawing. I assume that this is due to the fact that the PDF file is being opened on the assumption that the resolution will approximated printing to a standard piece of paper.

Here is a comparison of a PDF reader screenshot (top) zoomed in to a very high resolution and below that is the same area when the same PDF file is opened in IrfanView.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PDFResolution.png
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	85382

fwiw, I have been able to at least partially deal with this by setting my screen resolution to the max for my monitor then opening the PDF full screen, then capturing a <printscreen> and saving that as an image file.

Anyone know of an easy way to capture high res copies of PDF contents to an image file?

Thanks in advance,
    Beverly Howard

Change the resolution in Settings, Plugins, PDF Options.

150 dpi is adequate for general use, but you may need 300 or more to get good quality on small text.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PDF Plugin Options.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	83555
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks again!

I'm constantly amazed that after using IrfanView for almost a quarter century how much I don't know about it and its capabilities.

Beverly Howard

Comment

Take a look at the IrfanView Help pages in my forum signature.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X