This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Exporting settings to a new computer

I've moving my files, programs etc. to a new comptuer since my old one is getting too slow and suffering crashes too frequently. I've tried exporting IrfanView's settings according to the method outlined here, but it didn't work. What am I supposed to do?
    IrfanView Version: 4.56
    Operating system: Windows 10

Check the location of the *.ini file from C:\Program Files\i_view64.ini

[Others]
    INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ah, I didn't know IrfanView would have part of its data stored in %APPDATA%. I just pulled the *.ini files for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions from there, and it worked like a charm.

I'm honestly surprised that I couldn't find anything in the FAQ on exporting one's settings when migrating to another computer. You'd think that would be pretty important since many people mainly use laptops rather than desktops, and thus don't have the option of swapping faulty parts when age and usage eventually wears them down within less than a decade at best (mine is just a little over 8 years old and has been heavily degraded in perfomance since about 2-3 years ago).
      IrfanView Version: 4.56
      Operating system: Windows 10

Comment

The biggest problem with my pc is that I always lose my data. I have a laptop and a desktop, which I use at home and office, so my data must be in multiple locations.

Comment

Working...
        X