Convert Grayscale to RGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert Grayscale to RGB?

I've searched the forum and maybe I didn't search the right way. Also I read several threads and I still don't understand. Maybe it's something simple and obvious.

When I want to make an image black and white, using Irfanview, I use Control+G making it Grayscale. If I try to use that image in some other software, say Adobe Illustrator, I get an error message, because the image is no longer RGB. Is there a way to change the mode back to RGB and have the image as grayscale or black and white - RGB? Using Irfanview, not Photoshop or Elements or something else.

Maybe what I should be doing is install an 8bf that converts from color to black and white? But is there a way to do this already, in Irfanview and I'm just not aware?

Does this image work in PhotoShop?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fasting Buddha Greyscale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	83557
    1. Convert to greyscale
    2. Increase colour depth to 16.7 million
    3. Decrease colour depth to 256 colours
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just increase colour depth to 16,7 million (24 bits per pixel)
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Thank you both, I will try that.

This will save me from having to open the file in Photoshop and check the RGB Mode to change it from Grayscale.

I was unable to get my old 8bf convert to black and white to work.

Comment

Working...
        X