Rotate a portion of image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Rotate a portion of image

I wish to rotate a portion of an image in it area where this portion is at. Is there a way to cut out that portion, rotate it 180 degrees and paste it back in the exact spot?

Using Windows 10 and IrfanView 64 bit.

Mark the desired area with the selection tool (draw a rectangle with the mouse - left key pressed), then press 'L' twice on the keybord
    to turn the marked area left two times for 90 degrees. You can also use 'R' to turn right or 'H' or 'V' for horizontal and vertical turns.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
      Mark the desired area with the selection tool (draw a rectangle with the mouse - left key pressed), then press 'L' twice on the keybord
      to turn the marked area left two times for 90 degrees. You can also use 'R' to turn right or 'H' or 'V' for horizontal and vertical turns.
      Thank you. I was able to do what I want to do by using V then H on the selected portion of the image. However, if I used L or R, the whole image turns, not the selected portion.

Comment

Blackcloud6, thank you for your response. You are right, L and R do not work in selected areas, but V and H do. Good that you found the solution.
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

To rotate a part of an image 180°, select the area, and then hit Ctrl-C (or Image > Copy) to copy the selected area. Then open another instance of Irfanview and Ctrl-V (Edit > Paste) to copy in it. Then hit the L or R keys twice to turn it 180°.

Then Edit > Copy the turned portion, go to the original image and Ctrl-V the copied portion int it. As long as the area you selected originally is still there, the turned portion will paste into it.

If Irfanview won't open a 2nd instance, go to Properties/Settings > Start/Exit Options and untick the box about allowing only 1 instance of Irfanview.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X