Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font size

Hello,

Is there any possibility to display the file name somewhat larger in the file information window ?

As time elapses, I have no more the same view as when I went to college, and some concordant informations let think I am not the only one.

I presume I shall need to scroll the name, and/or to get it on several lines.

The best of the best would be an option for that : young people can catch a longer name at a glance, and other ones can read without needing a lens.

The view acuity can vary according to tiredness, so a same user can have opportunity to change that option from time to time.

AFAIK, the font size is hard coded in Irfanview. Windows allows to set the display to 125% or more, which will enlarge all elements including text.
    Also, Windows comes with a screen magnifier, to enlarge only a little area of the screen.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Hello,
      I can confirm you : the font size seems hard coded, I saw nothing in the settings.
      So, maybe I did not ask my question in the good part of the forum, I should have gone to Feature Requests.
      This is not something to decorate, I really cannot read the name of the file.
      With the mouse cursor on the edge of the window, with WindowFromPoint, I could get the caption of the picture. But it would be much more handy to point on the surface of the picture. From there, I should have thought I have to go to the owner ? That does not seem to do the trick.
      I presume the programmer can help me on this ?

Comment

Press Windows Key + to enable the screen magnifier.
        Press Windows Key Esc to disable the screen magnifier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Using Windows Screen Magnifier.png
Views:	263
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	91131
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello,
          Well, I am afraid this is what I do until now.

Comment

I think I got it ! Instead of getting the new window by hierarchy from the previous one, I get it by position on the screen.
            I getWindowRect, and then make a change of basis :
            Code:
            myRect.X = rct.Left - 2;
            myRect.Y = rct.Top + 10;
            At this point, the hWnd I obtain with WindowFromPoint has for caption the name of the picture.
            With that I can display it where I want on the screen, with the good font size.

As you imagine, if I select the next picture by depressing space, getting its name from the information window again would suppose opening this again, and positioning the cursor again.
            With the APIs I get it without doing anything for it, I just look at the pictures. There is a one second delay for each picture, but that can do the trick.

If one day you have time to get the font size adjustable that can be more simple, and apply to other fields.
            For the moment being I can get the information like this.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X