How to save a custom crop ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to save a custom crop ratio?

At some point I managed to save two custom selection ratios in addition to those provided in Edit -Create custom selection.
    Now I would like to change them, but I can't figure out how I saved them in the first place, much less how to change them.
    How is it done?

Also, in trying to repeat this feat, I added a couple of sizes to the "New size" dropdown list in the "Create custom selection" dialog.
    How can I delete or edit them?

To add a new custom selection, click on Add to Standard Box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Add Custom Selection.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	83569

I could not find any entry in i_view32.ini that could be edited to add/remove sizes. Nothing in the Window registry either. Maybe someone else can tell us.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The dimensions for both dialogs are saved in i_view32.ini like so:

CustomSize=* 1024 x 576|* 1024 x 740|

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
        The dimensions for both dialogs are saved in i_view32.ini like so:

CustomSize=* 1024 x 576|* 1024 x 740|
        No entries for CustomSize exist in either of my *.ini files.

The installation folder copy points to the right place:

INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.01.2021, 10:00 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. What I want to add is new *ratios*, *not* new sizes. IIRC, the entries (which Bhikkhu also shows in his screenshots) for 1.414 and 0.707 (which are the ratios of European standard paper sizes, A0-10) were not there OOTB in earlier installations, and had to be added. Now they are there in a clean installation, so I am no longer sure of my memory. IAC; they are easy to remember, so I would like to substitute 19:9 and 9:19, which are the aspect ratios of my Samsung smartphone.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomSelection.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	83570

Comment

As far as I know, one cannot add new custom ratios. You get just one, which can be changed, and is remembered by the dialog.

Comment

Just to prove I'm not crazy, this User Guide shows the old Create Custom Selection dialog without 1.414 and 0.707.
              There is nothing about this addition in the change history, which goes back to v1.70.
              Last edited by rsbrux; 18.01.2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

The ratios for the square root of 2 were added some time after version 4.44, but there is no option to add your own custom ratios.

Comment

Working...
                X