Error in opening thumbnail folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in opening thumbnail folder

Occasionally, clicking on a folder in the tree in the thumbnail window produces this error message: 'Instruction at "0x7c91142e" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate program.' This is not a regular occurrence and not tied to any particular folder.

I've used Irfanview for years on a different machine and never seen this before. I'm aware that this is a problem in Windows XP that is known to appear across all sorts of applications and I've run a few recommended patches without success, but in my case it happens ONLY in Irfanview. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Hi voyeuse,

What is your configuration (processor, OS)?

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hi guys,

now you can select your nuber of cpu cores you´re using in your profile ! (+ See more here )

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
        Hi voyeuse,

What is your configuration (processor, OS)?

Laurent
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+
        XP Home SP2

Comment

Hi voyeuse,

See steve's post hereabove and run IV on one core only (search the forum, this has already been answered).

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hi Laurent

Thanks for that. What works for me is to go into Task Manager under Processes tab, right-click IV.exe and uncheck one core in Set Affinity... after opening BOTH main window and thumbs. I use IV a lot and this is a bit of a nuisance: is there a fix on the way?

Comment

Originally posted by voyeuse View Post
              is there a fix on the way?
              Hi,

at the moment there´s no fix (available), only that workaround (and of some others )

Greetings,

steve

Comment

Working...
              X