Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Irfanview play wmv's OR does it call Mediaplayer ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Irfanview play wmv's OR does it call Mediaplayer ???

First I can only get Irfanview to play MPG's when it comes to video's... I have been reading some of the posts here and see some statements make it sound like Irfanview does not play certain video formats but calls upon a video player that does... I hate Windows media player because you can not delete a video you are watching where as in Irfanview you can delete a video you are watching...

The error I am getting is "windows error test mmsystem 296" ... It states about going to www.fourcc.org which I did and I download some file called Xvid but that did not help....

I would like to have Irfanview play all video formats within its user interface....

I have version 3.95 and of coarse my WMV file's play just fine using Microsoft media player...

Thank You.....

First update your IV version. Then try again. My IV plays WMV fine.
    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

IrfanView plays nothing. It calls an old Media Player control to do the playback. This 'player' only understands Video for Windows formats (a VFW decoder has to exist).

Comment

You may get a better result by setting the internal player to use DirectShow. See under Options > Properties/Settings > Video/Sound > Use DirectShow for playing.

If you have the external player (the video appears in separate window) then make sure that you have the Player options set to 'Microsoft Media Player Interface'.

Comment

Working...
        X