OCR screen capture software that works "live"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested OCR screen capture software that works "live"

it would be great to have a working OCR feature in screen capture that can capture text (such as from google books) and put it in a text format ..."on the fly."
    There are so many times that companies choose an image with text to avoid spam and to capture image information as text would be a superb feature !

Dream on

Check out Omni Page Pro and take a look at the system requirements. OCR is a major application.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.01.2008, 01:42 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I use Softi Free OCR with a little help from IrfanView
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

That is pretty impressive. I zoomed in to laptop33's post, grabbed a screenshot and saved it from IrfanView. I opened that file in Free OCR, and this is the unedited result:
        it wouid be great to have a working OCR Feature in screen capture that can capture text
        (such as from googie books) and put it in a text Format ..."on the Fiy."
        There are so many times that companies choose an image with text to avoid spam and to
        capture image information as text wouid be a superb Feature i
        As you can see, there are some errors, but it is about 99% correct. I guess if you pay for a more powerful software package it will spell check the text and fix most errors.

What is best about it is the simplicity. I didn't have to read any help files or anything. I have used OmniPage Pro 9.0 before, but that took quite a bit more effort.

It does, however, need Net Framework installed, and at 2.9 Mbytes, the program alone is a bigger download than IrfanView. I don't see any realistic prospect of Irfan including that feature in his software, even though the license agreement would allow him to.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.01.2008, 04:18 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X