Background Music to Slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background Music to Slideshow

I am trying to add background music to a slideshow. No where can I find how to put a file MP3 on the slideshow for background music. I have searched the forums and have tried all the help files. When I type in ?music? or ?MP3? or ?background? in help, nothing comes up! Obviously it can be done, because everyone is talking about it in the postings. I have a very simple (probably dumb) question: How do I add background music to a slideshow? Go ahead, embarrass me. I can take it! (I am using Vista OS, with Irfan v. 4.10.)

Browse to a folder containing an MP3 file from the Slideshow dialogue (or copy the MP3 file to your images folder), and add the MP3 file to the list of files to play. Put it first or wherever you want it to start playing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Still no music!

Thanks for the quick response. I did as you suggested and put a MP3 file in the folder I am using for the slideshow. I got an error message saying the MP3.DLL is not loaded. I loaded a plugin containing mp3. I get the same error message. When I play the MP3 file by itself, all goes fine, so it's not the player or format. Why isn't there anything in the help about this? I would like to try to resolve this.

Comment

Is your MP3.DLL in the right directory? It should be in the subdirectory of IV "Plugins".
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It worked!

Thank you very much for the information. After updating my plugins and putting them in the correct directory, I was finally able to get the background music. It is still a shame this was not included in HELP.

Comment

I too followed the advice in this thread to create a slideshow with background music.I put the mp3 file first and everything worked fine.I then saved it as an .exe on my desktop.When I double-click it,I get an error message that says "Windows cannot play C:\Desktop\...\*.mp3 The specified file cannot be played on the specified MCI device,the file may be corrupt,etc.,and suggests that I get codecs.The visual slideshow does work however,just no sound.When I open irfanview,however,and go to file>slideshow>play slideshow,again it works just fine.I have made two differnet .exes but neither will play the music.I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

I noticed some trouble in the past with rendered slideshows as .exe as well, so I will check this again.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks for your quick attention.In the IV help file,I came across this;
                Possible errors during the EXE creation are: the input file can't be loaded or the disk is full (temp folder).
                Note: All video/audio files saved in EXE/SCR are played using DirectX or other installed audio drivers/codecs, normal IrfanView PlugIns are not used.

As previously stated,the slideshow exe does work but only the visuals,not the music,so the input file is loading.I think the above also answered another question I had,which is;If I do make a workable .exe,can a user open it with another graphics program,or does it have to be IV?

Comment

Strictly spoken, both options not. An executable is a standalone application which can be run on its own.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Actually,it was a dumb question thinking about it,you don't open an .exe with an application,and the help file indicated that the .exe uses external programs and not the IV plug-ins I suppose for the very reason that not everyone has the IV program.So I'm guessing the .exe problem lies somewhere with my other \audio apps.I have several including WMP10,quicktime,and others.

Comment

Questions are almost never dumb, because now you realize how it works.
                      And I guess you have a point about these other audio-parties involved. Could be a source for a conflict.
                      The default association of the MP3 format for example.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

It actually turns out that IV was the default MP3 player,so I switched it but to no avail.I tried just about every other audio device on my computer,all of which will render an mp3 alone,but none worked for the slideshow.exe.In case you're wondering,saving it as a screensaver doesn't work either.I'll keep plugging away...

Comment

Working...
                        X