Add XMP rating and labeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Add XMP rating and labeling

It would be great to use irfan view to apply ratings and color labels to images. This would be put into XAP:Rate (Adobe Photoshop properties) by pressing ctrl 1-5 or 0 for no rating. Color tagging using ctrl+alt+1-5. This can then be picked up by adobe bridge or IMatch cataloging software (or any other cataloging software supporting xmp). xnview has a similar feature but does this only in thumbview/browser which is not good as I'd like to view the image fullscreen and skip ahead to the next image to quickly rate all the images before importing it in IMatch.

Another unrelated suggestion is to add the histogram in fullscreen view as an transparent overlay with color option RGB colors overlaid on top of each other with intersecting color/grey shading. The dialog thing blocking navigation is not good IMO, please make it like the EXIF window, to be able to go to next/prev image while updating the histog.

Keep up the good work!

Kind regards
    Imqqmi

I agree, this feature would be very useful to me too.

I use Irfanview as my primary image viewer and also use it to do a first selection of all new photos. Having the possibility to add ratings from Irfanview would significantly simplify my workflow. I now have to go to Bridge to do the rating (and switch back to Irfanview to view the files.

Erik

Comment

Another vote for ratings

If IrfanView had ratings it would be the new tool for the first step in my workflow. After uploading pictures I do a quick pass & need to rapidly divide them into three categories - Good pictures I want to post process, Junk I want to delete, and Stuff I'll keep, but aren't good enough to work on.

The key here is to quickly look through all the pics, make your decision & then move on. At the end you would take the appropriate action on the group of like rated pics.

Comment

Working...
      X