X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free ImageSkill 8bf plugin

Magic Enhancer Lite: http://www.imageskill.com/magicenhan...cenhancer.html

You can essentially improve your photos adjusting its lightness, contrast and color balance. Magic Enhancer is perfect for enhancement image and photo with lack of lightness or uneven illumination, silhouetted images on dark background. Convenient color temperature control allows fixing color balance defects easily.

Outliner: http://www.imageskill.com/outliner/outliner.html

It gives a user the easiest way to get image contouring with desired quality. This plug-in just picks out various edges making them more expressive. The user can easily manage range of edge appearance in the processed image getting fantastic artistic effects.

Regards, Dmitry
    ImageSkill works in the software development for image processing. Our area of interest includes digital photo-editing (automatic image enhancement and image correction), digital image analysis, natural image matting, pattern and texture generation.

Comment

Thanks, Dmitry.
      To me, especially the outliner looks quite promising.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

hi there dear friends

i downlaoded the whole plugin-package (which is available at irfanview.com) as a zip-file. Then i installed it. Well als went fine..
        What should i do now? i grabbed the stuff from here and put the 8BF into the Adobe part.

But i failed - what can i do!?

look forward to hear from you
        joo
        update:

i downlaoded the whole plugin-package (which is available at irfanview.com) as a zip-file. Then i installed it. Well als went fine..

- installed all the stuff - well i guess that i had success -

now i can see in the pull-down-menu the option

- effects ->

Adobe 8bf filters

Well - but i was adviced to install the GML Matting filters: I grabbed them and installed them

installed the whole stuff

but if i want to activate the GML Matting-Filter i get no restults. i open an image - then i choose effects in the image-menu. i take the ADOBE 8bf filters: but the only options i have are the following filters

1. PopArt
        2. Harrys Filter 3.0

what should i do now - i have no glue.. !?

look forward to hear from you
        many thanks in advance

joo
        Last edited by joo_driven; 13.06.2009, 10:28 AM. Reason: more infos

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
          Not very recent, but some nice filters at PunkinHaid's pages
          More graphic stuff there, like tutorials, PSP tubes and fonts.
          Hi Sam_Zen
          I tried to get the Blur filter from that punkinstuff site, but the link was to a filter called Smooth.8bf which does not seem to be recognized by either Adobe or Filter factory. Any thoughts? I really wanted to know if it was worth persevering with.
          I needed a blur effect because the one included in Irfanview is so useless IMO. The gradient blur that Matera recommends (pppgradblur.8bf) is very good for much of what I need but I was looking for a really easy to use one (like the one in Faststone Image Viewer) that I could teach others to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
            I tried to get the Blur filter from that punkinstuff site, but the link was to a filter called Smooth.8bf which does not seem to be recognized by either Adobe or Filter factory. Any thoughts? I really wanted to know if it was worth persevering with.
            Do not bother about that stuff lower down the Irfanview site about supporting older 8BF filters. That downloads 2 old files Plugin.dll and Msvcrt10.dll. I do not have them installed and have never yet encountered any 8BFs that appear to need them.
            Maybe you should start to install them now.

Comment

Hmmmm! That must have been someone else with the same name.

Comment

Probably...

Comment

Richard Roseman has a new website

Read the descriptions of available plugins here

Quite a nice collection. Not only effects, but generators as well.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Sam_Zen
                    I needed a blur effect because the one included in Irfanview is so useless IMO. The gradient blur that Matera recommends (pppgradblur.8bf) is very good for much of what I need but I was looking for a really easy to use one (like the one in Faststone Image Viewer) that I could teach others to use.
                    I did get that Blur filter to work eventually. Skippybox was right. It did need those extra DLLs installed. It is called Smart blur, but is not particularly so. It has the same problem as the built in IrfanView blur effect in that the adjustment range is related to pixels not to image size. Whereas a Gaussian blur over 99 pixels radius may be effective on small images, the effect on my 10MP images is barely visible. I have to apply it 20 or more times at maximum setting to get a usable effect. So it seems I will still have to go to Faststone for a decent all over blur.

Comment

Interesting site, built around this one free filter so far, is http://sites.google.com/site/clifframes/ciecam02plugin

Good for converting colour temparatures, visualizing the effects behind the theory and maybe more.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

8bf plugins can be applied to selections

I just noticed that as of version 4.32 8bf plugins can now be applied to selections.

It wasn't possible in the 4.30 version. Strangely enough it isn't mentioned in the change log thread or on the Irfanview Website's History of Changes.

Comment

The IrfanView onboard effects browser is the best I've seen in a free photo editor. Butif you want more and will pay the price, I am very happy with Filters Unlimited

The "fre" version is a non-"apply" demo that shows what 150 of them will do The working version is 350 filters of various types PUS, filter editing, organizing, preset making and filter creation. All for about $40 USD

The integration with IrfanView 4.33 was very smooth since you essentially just put the whole Filters Unlimited folder in the plugins folder and just ues Image>Effects>Filters Unlimited. Apparently you can distribute the filters you make to other Fulters Unlimited users, Plas it appears to have some kind of import/convert program for other filters

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
                            I just noticed that as of version 4.32 8bf plugins can now be applied to selections.

It wasn't possible in the 4.30 version. Strangely enough it isn't mentioned in the change log thread or on the Irfanview Website's History of Changes.
                            Another nice possibility for selectively applying filters (e.g. to non-rectangular areas) works as follows:

(1) When displaying the image you want to edit, press F12 for IrfanPaint. Let the IrfanPaint tool bar sit there, perhaps move it to the side of the screen, so it isn't in the way.

(2) Now click on the Irfanview window title to put the focus back on your image.

(3) Optionally make a selection to which you want to apply a filter.

(4) Press CTRL+K and do your filter thing: blurring, sharpening, whatever ...

(5) When you're done applying the filter, close the Irfanview filter dialogue.

(6) Re-activate the IrfanPaint toolbar and choose the eraser tool.

(7) With the right mousebutton you can now "paint back" the original image over parts of the image affected by the filter, thus selectively undoing the filter.

Comment

Working...
                            X