X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons for ObjectDock - where is Panda?

Hello everybody!
    There is a paralipomena with me and using ObjectDock:
    IV and IV-Thumbnails will both show the reddeadcat on the Dock!??!
    In WINXP-task-bar both are shown - but when I drag-and-drop it onto
    the ObjectDock-bar it will change into the "reddead".
    My trials to find the linked icons where disappointing, so:
    is there any trick, to have the cat for IV and the Panda for Thumbnails on OjectDock?
    Thanks for any friendly answers!
    Have a good time! dierk

This is a question about third-party software. Ask for support from the makers of Object Dock.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

question about third-party software?

@Bhikkhu Pesala:
      sorry, but I think you are not right:
      every program has it's own icons, and all of those, I am using, have their icons somewhere in the
      "Programs" folder, where they installed themselves into.
      Irfan View does have "redcat/iv.exe" & Panda/"IV_Player.exe" & filmlet/"SlideShow.exe" icon there!

But IV installs itself with taskbar-shortcut for IV and IV-Thumbnails, using the redcat and Panda as icons.
      So: where can I find this Panda-Icon linked with the IV-Thubmnails, so that it's possible to use it as a link/shortcut?

Is the "Player.exe" in the plugins-folder IV-Thumbnails? I don't know..to me it seems to be some media-player-plugin??

At least it's nothing else than the search after IV-Panda-icon linked with "IV-Thumbs" - no 3.party is involved!
      May be my English isn't good enough to tell you clearly of what my problem is...? - Be patient, please!
      Thanks for any hint!
      dierk

Comment

Icons are stored in the program's executable file, not as separate files in the program folder. I think this is the case with most programs

Try using an icon editor like Icon Sushi to extract the icons, then tell Object Dock which icons to use.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Fine to find helping hands here

Hello to Bhikkhu Pesala & thank you!!
          My thoughts of EXE-files were as how many gearwheels and worms will be inside? Never had the opportunity of havin' a glance inside - just thought it impossible to open!!
          Old men and the sea... rough waters and struggling for life..
          And again:
          fine to find helping hands here!
          have a good time!
          dierk

Comment

Working...
          X