Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching users for wiki group

Hi,

i am searching some user for a new user group "Wiki Team".

Just for preparing some articles for the new installed wiki.

What kind of articles should be added to the wiki ?

-> High frequently discussed topics like dual core problem, bugs or useful hints.

It´s not about copying the complete IrfanView help file (like in the old wiki) !

If you are interested in joining the wiki team, let me know here.

I will create a special user rank + user image for your forum account here + an own forum for discussing wiki articles.

steve

Interesting idea.
    But I need to contemplate on this a while, because I would take it seriously, so then using substantial time.

I agree, that a wiki should be more than just a help-copy.
    And I don't think issues like OS-problems, bugreports or requests should be part of a wiki-page.
    We're already dealing with things like that on the forum. A wiki should be informative in the first place.
    And a place for useful solutions, instead of problems.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Steve
      I think that a new Wiki is a great idea and I should be pleased to help if I can. I have read quite a few IrfanView tutorials. They all seem to cover much the same basic aspects, just in slightly different forms. I know that since being a member of this forum, I have learned to do much in IV that is not in any of the material I have seen. I think there is room for a more detailed treatment of many subjects. For example some of the authors of plug-ins might be persuaded to contribute on getting the most from their wares.

Comment

I agree with Mij that several tutorials have overlaps.
        But every author has an own way of explaining things with language and examples.
        So I think at least the links to the existing tutorials or tips-pages should be added in the wiki.

Apart from writing specific things for the wiki, all the already-made existing information should be accessible.
        Maybe some of the links in the TechDoc forum are candidates for this too.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi,

i did not forget it, at the moment i am planing what wiki system we can use + how the articles could look like. I´m thinking about a "useful" concept

steve

Comment

Hi,

First Step

I created a new usegroup called "Wiki". Please give me some suggestions how we could call this usergroup later, maybe you find something better than "wiki"

To join this group:

I will create an own forum for all user in that usergroup later.

steve

Comment

WikIrfanView?
              Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

.... or WIKI_VIEW ?

Comment

Not bad
                  Or maybe WiK_i_view (WiK_i_view32?)
                  Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
                  X