Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Option to retain default windows image icons

Option to retain default windows image icons

- just the option that is all, apart from that Irfanview's own default icons can do with adding more (anhancing to an extent - consider this for a next version)

I made the following myself, using Word 2003, MS paint, photofiltre - got the images from Google image search. it is an example of what I mean for each image format and icons for them:

COOL HUH

The only option feasible enough is creating your own custom associations with whatever icons you prefer (old Windows PhotoEditor, or ACDSee perhaps). With your own associations you don't have to choose between several graphics viewers (Irfan, ACDSee 2) and serious editing software. Just add them all.

Comment

You can associate any .ICO file to an application via Windows controls. There are even icon images inside most .EXE and .DLL files that you can alternately associate to any application.
      (Example: the hundreds inside C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MORICONS.DLL)

As for the change of the IrfanView icon, I happened to like the old "squashed cat" or maybe some people called it the "roadkill cat" icon!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ChuckE; 01.07.2007, 11:58 PM.
      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

For the moment the ico-set of Irfan view has enough for me to distinguish between the formats :

Last edited by Sam_Zen; 02.07.2007, 01:43 AM.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I thought I could also post a screencap.

Comment

I would love to have that option. Either be able to add custom icons from the Properties menu, or simply to let windows choose the icons for files already associated with iRVIEw. Other that that, This is an amazing program ! I guess the best in its class !
            Thanks !

Comment

roadkill icon

Hi there!

Maybe a weird request, because one of the great advantages of IrfanView is it's small size, but still ...
              I'd like the icon to be a bit more in tone with the slickness of Vista.
              I've seen a very nice Vistaversion roadkill irfancat on one of the iconsites, but unfortunately you can't combine the exe with the icon.
              So maybe next version could have a more modern icon?

Cheers,
              Sarah.

Comment

How do you wish to use the icons? You can change any icon for any shortcut or association. Edit the properties of the shortcut or edit the advanced options for an association in File types in Windows.

Comment

Working...
                X