No announcement yet.

View MHTML and HTML files (nice idea)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested View MHTML and HTML files (nice idea)

View MHTML and HTML files (nice idea)

this might involve a lot of work or might not but to view MHTML files (.mht) in Irfanview would be fantastic, it would mean I would not require an internet browser to view them

so far I can only view these files in Internet Explorer (of course naturally) and Opera, I am not suggesting that Irfanview should be able to write these files but reading them in viewer with all the contained images and links, that would be cool too - just a suggestion

does any object or have opionions - plz share

That would be great. It would be even greater if it would be possible to import/use plugins made for Total Commander (lister plugins). They have a lot of interesting ones, like html viewer, pdf, office files, etc.

Comment

This seems like a ridiculous waste of coding time to me. What would you do with an HTML file in an image viewer? What's wrong with using a browser to view HTML? Or a source viewer like Notepad2 if you want to edit it?
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Fully agree. Not a nice idea.
        This is asking IrfanView to grow to some bulky "suite" pretending to do 'anything'.
        Next request then could be : using FTP or receiving a mail. Or editing a soundwave.

And the Lister plugins of TC have a totally different structure than those of IV, so that's not relevant.

It's already a bonus of IV's thumbnail part, to be able to create a HTML file..
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I use Universal Viewer (uses TC Lister plugins) as an external viewer for Free Commander. This gives me all the features plus flexibility I need.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

As a check, I opened a .HTM(L) file with IV. It shows the sourcecode as a bitmap.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
            X