Licensing query...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing query...

Hi there, I have a question about usage of your excellent program IrfanView.

I work in the IT department of a charity called St Dunstan's, we work to support the ex war-servicemen and women who have become blind. Part of what we do is to capture video images for a publication called the 'Review' (a information leaflet for the carers of the blind folk).

I use your program at home a lot and it's very useful, however a need came up at work that I believe IrfanView could fulfill very well.

My question is if we could use the program here as freeware (charity budgets aren't very generous unfortunately), I ask this as a case of courtesy as I noticed you mentioned the freeware is for 'non-comercial' use only. We are not a comercial setup but I thought it would be prudent to ask first as we are still bound by licensing laws.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have good news!

Regards,

Anthony Hady
    IS Systems Support
    St Dunstan's
    0(+44)20 7616 7972

This is what it says on the website:

USAGE AGREEMENT

IrfanView is provided as freeware, but only for private, non-commercial use (that means at home).

IrfanView is free for educational use (schools, universities and libraries) and for use in charity or humanitarian organisations.

If you intend to use IrfanView at your place of business or for commercial purposes, please register and purchase it. I want to continue working on this program, therefore, your registration will be an incentive for me to add new functions and increase the program's quality.

Any suggestions, feedback and comments are welcome and won't be ignored.

If you are a commercial user and you like this program (or are a home user who wants to support/donate further development), please register/donate by sending US$ 12.00 or EUR 10,- (this is the price for one (single) licence) to the address below.

Please send cash only. (I cannot accept high check cashing fees at the bank)

Address:

Irfan Skiljan
    Postfach 48
    2700 Wiener Neustadt
    Austria, Europe

Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices and discounts.
    Note: If you want, you can buy the licenses using PayPal or credit card.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Cheers!

thanks for that, just needed someone to repeat it... you know how annoying those software licencing investigators can be!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X