Resizing and converting images in batches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resizing and converting images in batches

I used an option to resize and convert my photos into JPEG from TIFF. I did 184 photos at once, and it worked perfectly. Since my photos were huge I resized them to 35% of the original size. When I go to preview, my photos look great. However, I uploaded them to the website I am working on and when I click on "larger photo" my photos appear in the right resized size but they seem to be very pixelated and not crisp and clear. What am I doing wrong??? I need help with this because I am losing my mind.

Thanks!

Where did you do this? Did the website resize your pictures for you, or did you use IrfanView? If using IrfanView, use the resample option on the Resize dialogue (shortcut Control R).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Might be caused by the browser

Were the photos bigger than the browser window? If so, both Firefox and IE will (sometimes) resize images to fit in the window. The browser resize algorithm is not as good as IrfanView?s. You can see this in action if you drag and drop a JPG on a browser window. As you resize the window, the (display of the) image will change size.

Sometimes images are displayed full size and you have to scroll to see all of them. I haven?t figured out what controls this behavior ? perhaps the height and width attributes on the IMG tag.

Comment

You're quite right, cwb3106, at least with FireFox it's advisable to add the height and width attributes to the IMG tag in the HTML-page.
        To be sure to get the original size of the picture. The values could be pasted from the "I" dialog of IV.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X