How to lossless append JPEGs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lossless append JPEGs?

Is there any software product I could use to quickly append several JPEG pictures? Similar to how IV panorama dialog works, but in compressed domain. Optimal huffman compression is not necessary, so I expect less memory be needed than for RGB.

Applications: Google Maps (mostly) and some tripple screen wallpapers.
    Last edited by j7n; 16.05.2008, 10:06 PM.

I would do this in PagePlus. Any version from PP9 onwards will do.

Arrange any number of JPG images on a page, crop, rotate, resize, align, etc. Select all and export as JPG. Set the resolution and quality of the exported image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I suppose I wasn't clear enough in my description. The goal is to make one big JPEG out of several smaller ones without losing any quality. It obviously excludes operations like resize.

I have tried BetterJPEG in the past, but it was an awful program. Basic commands like Select-All are not present. The picture does not snap to macroblocks when dragged.
      Last edited by j7n; 17.05.2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
        I suppose I wasn't clear enough in my description. The goal is to make one big JPEG out of several smaller ones without losing any quality. It obviously excludes operations like resize.
        Then don't resize them. That should be obvious enough. Just crop, align as you want and export the whole selection as a single JPG image at the same resolution as the originals.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.05.2008, 01:41 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X