Cannot scroll to top of image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other zoom bugs in version 4.10

Zooming causes the scrollbars cease to function. This does not happen with all images. Apparently, large images are more susceptible.

For those images, even without zooming, the top part of the image is not accessible, hidden under the toolbar.

Also, the status bar and the toolbar disappear and can only be restored by cycling the the hide/show option in the View menu.

Comment

vertical scrolling bug?

Hi
      I'm a new user so apologies if this is covered elsewhere; I did look but found only one similar thread.
      ver. 4.10 on XP
      In certain modes, for example; VIEW, DISPLAY OPTIONS, FIT IMAGE TO DESKTOP WIDTH, (or fit images to desktop) the vertical scrolling does not allow you to reach the edge of the picture to be shown, the scrolling stops before the top or bottom edge of the picture is reached. The same applies when using the r.h. mouse button. I suppose it depends on the resolution and size of desktop, and the size of window you are working in. Mine is set to 1024x768 and the photo was 2848 x 2136 px.
      I'm not sure if there's an option i need to tick?
      Thanks
      Sorry, I found similar problems reported elsewhere after I posted
      woz
      Last edited by woz; 13.12.2007, 08:30 PM. Reason: Sorry, I found similar problems reported elsewhere after I posted

Comment

Scroll do not scroll without "Resample"

Hello
        May be this is not really a bug...

How to repeat:

1) Take a picture with size greater than your screen resolution.
        2) Display options (window mode) ->
        Check:
        *Fit only big images to desktop
        *Center image in window
        Uncheck:
        *Use resample for fitting
        3) Press '+' (zoom in) until horizontal and vertical scrolls appears and then press zoom in for 2 or 3 times.
        4) After that, try to scrol to the _right_ or to the _top_ and you'll see that scroll DO NOT WORK! It do not scroll to the edge (only right or top) of picture! You can't see entire picture!

There is no problem if

*Use resample for fitting

is checked.

Sorry for my poor english

Comment

I tried to reproduce this bug again, but couldn't the second time eighter. I used IV 4.1 with several plugins installed and IV 4.1 standard (without any plugin), but no ?luck?. Tried all the modes within the View menu and tried formats from bmp to wmf, but again, no problems with scrolling at all (with the right mouse button and/or the arrow keys).

Comment

This is 100% bug and was also the discussion here:

this bug is the reason why I downgraded to the 4.00.
            It is big bug and very annoying to my usage, so I could no more use the 4.1 version because quite unusable...

Comment

also in 4.00

Unfortunately I have to use also Windows 98SE.

Here the bug is always present: top of picture is not shown
              in XP the scolbar can be moved, but the picture does not move.

Version 3.9x seems to work OK.
              This message is only for information.

Comment

Originally posted by vitalij View Post
                It is big bug and very annoying to my usage, so I could no more use the 4.1 version because quite unusable...
                Very annoying, indeed. I'm using Irfan View for browsing through aerial photos (big files). In 4.1 I can't do it properly, can't crop the right part (another part is cropped; not the part that is marked). So, looking forward for some new version. Cheers.

Comment

viewing zoomed images

change the view display options to anything other than:
                  "fit images to desktop"

this seems to work.

-ww

Comment

Originally posted by archww View Post
                    change the view display options to anything other than:
                    "fit images to desktop"

this seems to work.

-ww
                    That does not work on my machine. The bug happens with ANY view settings here.

Anybody know where I can get a downlevel version? It worked fine in version 3.99!!!

Comment

Might try version 4.0 .. that's what I had to back up to ..
                      V4.0 … http://irfanview-online.de/400/iview400_setup.exe
                      4.0 plugins .. http://irfanview-online.de/400/irfan..._400_setup.exe

Comment

Thanks! Version 4.0 works.

Comment

Can't see top of image after Zooming

Ok...why can't I figure this out? (using IV 4.10)
                          This occurs when I zoom in on an image (I've been using tif's) to the point where the top of the image can't be seen. To see the top I try to scroll up or right-click and drag the image down but the top gets sort of cut off. I can't get back to that top portion until I zoom back out.

What I've found is that this problem happens at zoom levels of less than 100%. So....less than 100%, I can't scroll to the top.....greater than 100%, I can scroll and drag to see the top.

I've also messed around with the View, Display Options settings with no luck.
                          Last edited by Erick; 30.01.2008, 01:40 AM. Reason: Ok...I see now that the problem I'm having is really the same exact issue as the above posters. You can ignore my post.

Comment

Window zoom bug

(IV-4.1) When I drag a zoom window and click on it to zoom in Im unable to pan to the top or right edge of the image. The only way I can zoom in to all parts is to use the [+] button to zoom in.

Comment

Zoom problem

Any Idea when this bug will be fixed? SInce this makes Irfan 4.1 quite unusable...

Comment

Irfan View 4.1 freezes using large tif files

I used Irfan View 4.0 on my Panasonic CF-74 Laptop (Dual Celeron, 1.5GB, Win XP Prof) to cut and crop large tif files (140.000x13500x1 BPP) and send them to a plotter. Since I had some trouble with the crop function, I upgraded to Irfan View 4.1.

The software seems to be unable to handle those large files.

If I activate View->Display options->Do not fit anything I can't zoom anymore into the files (or whats usually needed zoom out).

If I activate View->Display options->fit images to desktop height" the horizontal scroll produces wrong parts of the picture while moving the slider to the very right position.

If I activate "view->Display options->fit images into window" I get a black screen at "0%" size (which also happened with 4.0), but other that 4.0 I can't zoom in anymore.

Falk

Comment

Working...
                                X