No announcement yet.

Cannot scroll to top of image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The zooming bug is a known issue (please search before posting).

If Irfan View is freezing with very large images, try disabling the Undo feature in Properties, Misc1.

An image of that size at 1 BPP will require 225.31 MB (double that for undo), which shoudn't cause any problem on your system. However, do ensure that resampling is disabled. Resampling an image of that size will take a very long time.
    If I activate "view->Display options->fit images into window" I get a black screen at "0%" size (which also happened with 4.0), but other that 4.0 I can't zoom in anymore.
    I can reproduce this, but the colour depends on your background viewing colour.

I get a different issue with Fit Image to Desktop.

Please make a different thread for each issue (other than the zooming issues, which are known).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

For people that experience this problem there's a fix available. Note that it is experimental, and should be used only by who really needs it (i.e., if you don't have this problem don't download this).
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Vertical scroll doesn't work (4.10)

After zooming in, the vertical scroll bar appears but has limited or no effect.

Don't know if this is related to the zoom bug, it seems different from what I have read.

Jay.

Comment

I get this also with large TIFFs - I have reverted to version 3.99 for the moment - may I ask if this will soon be fixed. I really like Irfan view and want to keep up to date.

Comment

As noted in MItaly's post, the fix is already available if its stopping you using the current version. No problems here after downloading the update. The release of IrfanView 4.2 could be some time. When Its Ready is the best estimate.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
              For people that experience this problem there's a fix available. Note that it is experimental, and should be used only by who really needs it (i.e., if you don't have this problem don't download this).
              thanks, that seems to work.
              just to make sure for myself, and for others who do not how to properly utilize this fix, I copied and overwrote the existing file to C:\Program Files\IrfanView.
              Is this correct?

Comment

bug in scaling and scrolling Up does when Fit to Width

Hello,

In IV 4.10 when viewing a big image with " Fit images to Desktop Width " (may be with some other fit options as well, I've not checked them all) the upper 10-20% part of the image is not shown and there is no any option to scroll up by mouse or keyboard in order to get this missing part back, the only way is to switch to another fitting option.

I remember, that the same bug was in some earlier versions of IV, which was then very fast repaired... I wonder if I'm the only user who use this autofit option...

BTW, is there any way to assign a hotkey for " Fit images to Desktop Width"?

Mod: All available shortcuts are shown in the menus
                Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.04.2008, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Why I can not move to the top of picture after I zoom in it.

as title and I need continue zoom in to a very large view so that I can see the top of picture.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks mate that fixed it!

Cheers

Comment

problem solved with the fix

I also had the problem with scrolling zoomed images in IV 4.1.0.0 on a
                      MS Windows XP Pro. + SP3.
                      Thank you for the new i_view32.exe provided in the fix - it solved the
                      problem.

BTW, the version number of the new i_view32.exe is also 4.1.0.0.
                      It would be better that it is incremented, i.e. 4.1.1.0 because the
                      version numbers exist to identify different version of a program,
                      IMHO.

-- rpr.

Comment

I confirm that the fix works for me. Once you open the zip file, you have to drag and drop the i_view32.exe file into your C:\Program Files\IrfanView folder - it will replace the old one, and the problem will be fixed.
                        New Zealand Private Tours

Comment

View- fit image to desktop width

When you use the option to fit image to desktop width, the top are of image is not visible - it looks like it is cut off - you can't scroll up the view to see top part of image.

Comment

Can't confirm this in v4.00, nor in the badly behaving v4.10.

If you are using v4.10, maybe try the previous version. Just in case.
                            Last edited by j7n; 01.06.2008, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I can confirm that the fix works for me using Windows Vista.

Comment

I have switched to version 4.00 and reported bug has disappeared.
                                Last edited by Farmar; 07.06.2008, 11:45 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Working...
                                X