Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open image in IrfanView via Run command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open image in IrfanView via Run command?

Basically im trying to open irfan with Microsoft applocale & then open the image in it.

With normal image this works: Also if I open Irfan in applocale & drag an image into the irfan window it works also.

Run: C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AppLoc.exe "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\001.jpg" "/L0411"

But if I use japaneese chars in filename it says unknown file format
    Run: C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AppLoc.exe "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\黒翼の天魔 .jpg" "/L0411"

Is there any way I can launch it with rum command? or is there any Dos command to do this?

I don't understand the need for the use of this applocale.
    If you associate a *.jpg to IrfanView in it's options, you can just activate the image and it will be shown by IV.
    Japanese character is another issue. That's because IrfanView (still) doesn't support Unicode filenames.
    You can find all Dos commands here
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
      I don't understand the need for the use of this applocale.
      If you associate a *.jpg to IrfanView in it's options, you can just activate the image and it will be shown by IV.
      Japanese character is another issue. That's because IrfanView (still) doesn't support Unicode filenames.
      You can find all Dos commands here
      with applocale you can open images in irfan that have Japanese chars in the filename. But this only works if I open irfan with this run command first & then drag & drop image into the iran window:
      Code:
      C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AppLoc.exe "C:\Program Files\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "/L0411"
      But looks like its not working with dos nether. is there an option in irfan that enables me to do this: specify an image to open it at startup?

Comment

The problem is the japanese characters -- IrfanView is not Unicode capable (yet).
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X