Sound Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Sound Support

Since I'm not sure if this is a bug, I opted for this section. When playing sound in slideshow (mp3 is 1st file), the program ignores the mp3 file if random is checked. It works as advertised when played sequentially.

Not ignored

It appears that, if you choose 'Random' for the slideshow... then MP3's are -not- ignored, they are simply played randomly... so it can be some time before the slideshow actually hits upon any MP3 in the 'playlist'. (At least, that's what I concluded from testing with a small sampling... my MP3 played... eventually.)

Program needs a better way to handle MP3's, if 'Random' play is selected... and actually, for 'Random' -or- 'Automatic, I'd like to be able to just list several MP3's at the beginning, and have them play sequentially... (any looping would restart at the first one listed). If using 'Automatic', and the slideshow bumps into an MP3 further down the list... it can interrupt my MP3 list and start playing the new one. MP3's shouldn't be random... I know the slideshow is a simple list-driven feature... but...

I have a LOT of graphic files that I want to cycle through... and that makes inserting MP3's very tedious. If you're constructing a 'show' of a limited quantity of pics, then exact placement of MP3's is fine... but I just want some music to play while random pics are displayed from my list of thousands. So, I'd like to list MP3's at top, to be played sequentially, and let pics be displayed randomly.

Unfortunately, 'Start with image nr...' doesn't let you start with MP3, either. Suggestion to do that?
    I suppose I could make up one great big MP3 made up of several others... instead of trying to list them all at the beginning... and loop would work on it better.

Suggestion: Be nice if the Move Up and Move Down buttons would auto-repeat if you 'hold' the button... and accelerate as well the longer you hold it. one click, one move is a very tedious method for placement of background audio files of any real length among pictures that display for seconds. Better to work with the txt file option... yes, ok.

Suggestion: Also like to see a 'shuffle' option on the "Sort files" button's list. 'Random' play is nice... but with a 'Shuffle' sort, you could then play them in 'Automatic' mode ... might take the trouble out of dual modes.
    Don't understand the 'Auto-sort after insert' option either... should it say 'Auto sort file list after add' ?? Because I don't see an insert button (which would be VERY nice, by the way... instead of always adding to the end of the list)... or else I don't know how to insert... (other than saving as text and modifying, reloading).

-RpD
    Last edited by RpD; 03.01.2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RpD View Post
      Suggestion: Be nice if the Move Up and Move Down buttons would auto-repeat if you 'hold' the button... and accelerate as well the longer you hold it. one click, one move is a very tedious method for placement of background audio files of any real length among pictures that display for seconds. Better to work with the txt file option... yes, ok.

Suggestion: Also like to see a 'shuffle' option on the "Sort files" button's list. 'Random' play is nice... but with a 'Shuffle' sort, you could then play them in 'Automatic' mode ... might take the trouble out of dual modes.
      Don't understand the 'Auto-sort after insert' option either... should it say 'Auto sort file list after add' ?? Because I don't see an insert button (which would be VERY nice, by the way... instead of always adding to the end of the list)... or else I don't know how to insert... (other than saving as text and modifying, reloading).
      -RpD
      Will leave comments on your Music requests for others to give an opinion.

If you want to move a single file a long way Up the slide list just highlight all the files in the block above and press Move Down. When a highlighted block hits the start or end of the list it cycles. Give it a try to see what I mean. Can also be useful for moving a top or bottom file to the other end of a block.
      Random mode in v4.25 actually means "shuffle the list then play". If the show is looped the list is reshuffled each time round. I don't understand what you mean by "automatic" mode and dual modes. Auto sort after Insert means Auto sort after Add All. If you want to sort the slide list after adding files singly, press Sort files after you have finished.
      You can also sort or rearrange files in a Windows Explorer window and drag and drop selected files or a whole block onto the end of the slide list.
      Last edited by Mij; 03.01.2010, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X