Print multiple images on a physical page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print multiple images on a physical page

It would be good to be able to have a feature that allows multiple images to be positioned on a physical page so that they can all be printed at once so as to minimise the potential waste of paper. Agreed, this could be done by inserting images into a text document using Word or OpenOffice and then printing the page but it would be nice to be able to do it from Irfanview. This should include a preview page so that you can see how they would look before printing and maybe adjust picture sizes directly.

Try Thumbnails, Create contact sheet from selected.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, I had a look at thumbnails but this falls down on a number of issues.

Firstly, you appear to have no control over the size of the pictures on the contact sheet.

Secondly, I'm guessing from the quality of the pictures displayed that they are expanded from the thumbnails rather than reduced from the originals. The quality really isn't that good.

Thirdly, The media size is indicated in pixels only. All I know is that I want to print the pictures on A4. I have absolutely no idea what that is in pixels.

Comment

1. You have adequate control over the contact sheet dimensions, columns, rows spacing and margins.

2. The contact sheet is created from the original files, not the thumbnails, so you guessed wrongly. The quality would be the same if the images were scaled on the print dialogue.

3. 8" x 11" @ 200 dpi = 1600 pixels x 2200 or 2400 x 3300 @ 300 dpi.

If you want more control, then a DTP program is the way to go. You can add text, drop shadows, borders, freely rotate images, use a background image, etc.

Duplicating the existing function on the print dialogue is pointless. All of the basic options are available by creating a contact sheet. If you want more, then you can edit the contact sheet with IrfanPaint to add borders, etc.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X