No announcement yet.

Static, corporate view of slideshow images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView can supposedly burn Video CDs if the Nero plugin is installed. How does it work? When is the video stream created?

Video CD is pretty much useless due to limited resolution and MPEG-1 compression. So, no matter purchased or pirated, Nero will not solve anything. What you need is capability to output different exact resolutions of video (American and European standards), a good video encoder, and a program that will burn this video in a way your hardware device can read it ("DVD authoring").

Or better, forget about this extremely complex and lossy procedure, and view the slideshow on a good video monitor, which is connected to a computer.
    Last edited by j7n; 30.07.2008, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Nels:

If you wish to use this forum, you need to learn some basic manners.

1. Do not post the same issue repeatedly in multiple threads.
      2. Do not post defamatory comments about IrfanView or its creator.

Your three threads on this topic have been merged, and moved to the off-topic forum because OpenSource programs for burning to CD does not concern IrfanView or its Nero Plugin.

I have the Nero Suite, as I suspect a lot of other users do. It came free with my PC, so if I needed to burn a slideshow to CD I would not need to purchase anything. If you have a CD/DVD burner, it probably came with its own software.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hm. In my language 'bot' means 'rude'..
        And I don't fancy the repeated 'over the top' slimy comments about Irfan. And then calling him a pimp.

Arguments are not correct here. If one buys a computer, one probably gets a disk with an OEM-version of Nero with it, as Bhikkhu states.
        So in fact one has bought Nero, because the costs of the license are included in the price of the pc.

But this InfraRecorder is a nice tip, although OT.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks

I apologize for my ignorance. And, I thank you guys for enlightening me.

If I have saved a slideshow as an exe file, is it possible to unpack it that I might work with it again?

Comment

From the Hotkeys section of the Help File:

EXE Slideshow:

E Extract all files from EXE slideshow
            T or N Show/hide image text
            F Change/loop the full screen display/fit option
            F1 Show help infos
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

All is forgiven
              Its: Belongs to "It"
              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
              ---------------------
              Lose: Fail to keep
              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
              X