Thread: Static, corporate view of slideshow images

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP3
    CPU Cores

Default Static, corporate view of slideshow images

I am an older guy, not terribly computer literate. I am tremendously impressed by the ethic of this irfanview guy, Irfan Skiljan.
    That being said, I am having some difficulty making a slideshow. Sorting and arranging images would be much simpler if one could view thumbnails together, deleting and arranging the thumbnails enabled.
    Also, I have never had a successful burn, although The Nero plug-in is loaded.

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Pro SP3
    CPU Cores

Hi nels,

See the capture hereunder. Maybe useful to solve your problem.

Laurent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	734  
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

There are some useful features in the new v4.20 of Irfanview. If you open a folder of thumbnails in the Thumbnail viewer, you can now drag them around into the order you want them. You can also remove ones you do not want without deleting the file from the folder (Ctrl+Del). When you have finished you can right click and choose to start the slideshow with them, or save or append them to the slide list there. A big step forward.

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP3
    CPU Cores

Thank you both. It sounds like the next upgrade will have just the features I had been pining for. I am working my way through with the preview window, but moving files from one end to the other of a 200+ slide show, individually, one click at a time, is tedeous. But, I'm learning to do it.
    I'm still expeiencing failed burns but I have reinstalled, or updated nero which I had not been using, relying mostly on img.
    Thanks. Ff the burn works, I'm pleased with what Irfanview built and plays on my computer. I look forward to modifying music files in Audacity and using precise bits with the slideshow.
    Marvelous potential for someone who still remembers when dad came home with our brand new 1956 Chevy.

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP3
    CPU Cores

That's disappointing. I though I was updating Nero, it asked to get by my firewall and restart. When my computer came back up, Nero was gone. I have never paid to upgrade Nero, the disk "7" I have, came bundled with the hardware.
    Would it do any good to try to reinstall it from the disk?
    Is there any other way?

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP3
    CPU Cores

I re-installed from disk Nero 7 Essentials. Still no go.
    Is it necessary to buy a priority software liscense to use the burn feature of this program?

Version
    IrfanView 4.25
    OS
    32-bit Win XP Pro SP3
    CPU Cores

Hi Nels,

I just had a look at burning slideshow to CD with IrfanView ver 4.20. In the dialog is written:
    "This feature requires Nero Burning ROM (full) and Nero-Plugin for IrfanView".
    You are speaking of "Nero 7 Essentials", which is probably not Nero Burning ROM (full). If these are equivalent, then did you install the appropriate IrfanView plug-ins?

I have to admit that I don't exactly know what result one gets so. Maybe saving your slideshow as an EXE and then burning the EXE on a CD could do the job for you?

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

IV Amateur
    Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP3
    CPU Cores

Smile Propietary Harness in an Open Source Creation

I was so pleased with this Irfan Skiljan. Bestowing his wonderful program on the masses.

Then, I got excited about his slideshow creation feature. And I spent hours learning to use it and arranging images, then, adding background music. Only to run into a brick wall when I realized it would be necessary to buy a proprietary software license in order to burn the show to disk for a stand alone player.

This is a hard concept for me to understand. Surely, there are open source equivalents to Nero. If Irfan Skiljan has given his program away, that those of us less fortunate might enjoy a powerful image manipulation tool, perhaps a feature, to allow other that the proprietary heelots to control who can use it for burning, awaits only some knowledgeable person to write the program.

I pray that is the sentiment of Mr. Skiljan. And that such a program will be written with godsspeed.

Version
    IrfanView 4.44
    OS
    64-bit Linux Distribution
    CPU Cores

I think there is some misunderstanding!

1. IrfanView is not Open Source, there is no claim anywhere to that effect. Do not confuse freeware with free beer

2. It is not necessary to purchase anything to burn a slideshow to CD. The Nero plugin is a convenience for those who do have that program, but it is not required to do it that way. It may be easier -- I don't know, I don't use Nero.
    The manual method is described clearly in the Help file so that anyone should be able to create a CD slideshow using free methods.

I hope this makes it clearer
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Version
    IrfanView 4.27
    OS
    Win XP Home SP1
    CPU Cores

Freeware is just free to use, Open Source means that the source files of the program are available to others, so they can contribute in programming the software.

I have my doubts about this kind of plugins anyway. Too much dependent of external developments and versions.
    I don't use the bulky Nero either. There are burner apps, 10 times as small, performing a burn as well, like Deepburner
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Thread Information