Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember Include Subdirectories (for Add All)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Remember Include Subdirectories (for Add All)

Hi, I have used Irfanview for many years, and use the slideshow feature regularly.

I only have one tiny little change I would like to see implemented:

In the slideshow wizard screen there is a checkbox for "Include Subdirectories (for Add All)", and it seems to be the only one there that does not keep its setting between program restarts

So basically, in the inifile, a "IncludeSubdirs=1" or similar

Just thought i'd screenie the setting that doesn't stay changed incase people are confused by my crappy description

I'd pay the 10euro registration if this got changed
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.02.2009, 12:41 PM. Reason: Update Screenshot

Tried emailing, its been nearly 2 months with no reply

Anyone else want this simple feature added?

Comment

not really...

I use Photobucket for a lot of posted pics, I always feel guilty otherwise (but I do a lot of them, so I should LOL).

I paid already heehee
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

This setting is available for Batch Conversion/Rename as well, but isn't retained either. It is possible that it doesn't exist because it is a safety feature. It is kind of dangerous pressing Add all if you didn't realize it would add the subfolders, too.

On the other hand, there are a lot of dangerous features in IrfanView that have no safety net. So, I think the settings should be saved, as so many others are. IrfanView is supposed to be a advanced program after all.

[ATTACH]881[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi Dennis,
          Strange questions get strange answers sometimes. Because IrfanView ‘remembers’ your folders AND subfolders of your Slideshow and because all the paths remain in the dialog, there's no need to keep the setting in ‘Include subdirectories (for 'Add all')’. You can even sort the files after a second startup of IrfanView's Slideshow. And it's a save way to avoid mistakes the next time you want to apply another slideshow. And last but not least, you can safe the paths of your choice in a textfile.
          So my earlier idea to support your request has been abandoned. I was to quick with my answer. I should have looked into your question more profound. Sorry about that...

Comment

v4.23 Batch: Include SubDirectories option not sticky

V 4.23 (plug-ins 4.22) on Vista32
            On upgrading from 4.10 I note that in Batch Conversion the option
            Include subdirectories (for 'Add All')
            is not remembered from one Batch to the next, nor on exiting and re-running the program.
            Many thanks
            KeithR

Comment

... the option: Include subdirectories (for 'Add All')
              is not remembered from one Batch to the next, nor on exiting and re-running the program.
              This is not a bug!
              It's only an not available feature!

regards
              Frank

Comment

Working...
              X